Wednesday 31 July 2013

THE Diana Vreeland

Embarrassingly enough I only found out who Diana Vreeland was when her documentary 'Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel' aired on ABC a month or so ago. A week later I purchased her book 'Diana Vreeland'.

"I realised if I was going to make it, I was going to have to stand out." And so she did. Her original, extravagant, sense of madness made her career as editor at Harpers Bazaar and editor-in-chief at Vogue. She created a whole new outlook of fashion. It was transformed to fun, colourful and showing more personality which Twiggy showed in the magazines.

In the documentary Diana often said 'pizazz' which just shows how extreme and out there she was. She would also say great, great! GREAT, GREAT!! with sort of a crescendo to her voice this just emphasises her passion for fashion.

Diana Vreeland in her living room 'A Garden in Hell'

"A new dress doesn't get you anywhere, its the life that you have in the dress" - Diana Vreeland

The documentary is really fun and enjoyable. Diana's words are inspiring and her creative way of life. So go on watch the trailer below to to get a little feel for it. You will like it ;) ;) :) :) I even bought the dvd so I can have it forever!


1 comment:

  1. Diana Vreeland just oozes class and cool. Great post!

    ReplyDelete